A biochemistry analyzer, also known as a clinical chemistry analyzer, measures metabolites present in samples (blood and urine). The study of these liquids makes it possible to diagnose diseases.
Such as the use of Biochemistry Analyzer in India can measure the urinary creatinine to assess the capacity of the filtration in kidneys.
MEASUREMENT TECHNOLOGY USED IN BIOCHEMISTRY ANALYZER:
There are several analytical methods of measurement in Erba Biochemistry Analyzer in India. They can be ruled into the following two categories:
- Colorimetry: It is the most common method. Here the samples are mixed with a reagent to react that result in color. The concentration of the analyte determines the intensity of obtained color.
- Photometry: Here a light source is projected to the sample with the appropriate wavelength with a photodetector placed on another side of the sample. There are three principles here: absorbance (the ability of the medium to absorb light), turbidimetry (measuring the cloudiness produced by suspended substance in liquid medium), fluorescence (light emitted by a substance absorbing at one wavelength, and emits light at another wavelength).
- Direct potentiometry: Ion-selective electrodes (ISE) is widespread and mainly used for the analysis of ions in samples. It measures ions like Na+, K+, Cl-, and Li+.
- Indirect Potentiometry: This method also uses ion-selective electrodes which allow high throughput, and is most commonly used in centralized labs. It requires prior dilution and results come in molarity.
An Erba Chem 5x biochemistry analyzer in India can offer several measurement principles.
CRITERIA TO ASSESS THE PERFORMANCE OF ANALYZERS:
Several criteria can be used to evaluate the performance of a device:
- Operation method: A analyzer can be automatic or semi-automatic. Fully automatic analyzers are very suitable for large laboratories whereas semi-automatic analyzers are designed for smaller labs.
- Rate: This is the rat of samples analyzed per hour. This is impressively increased with the use of ion-selective electrodes.
- Random access mode: This gives a high degree of flexibility, particularly for labs and hospitals with medium to the high level of activity. With random access, the samples can be uploaded randomly and continuously and obtain results quickly.
The key points to look at in Biochemistry Analyzers are:
- Measurement techniques
- Operation method
- Device rate
- Sample management
- Consumption reagents
Biochemistry analyzer is not just a standard photometer, the true new generation technology in them is capable of performing Routine biochemistry, Hormonal analysis, Electrolytes, Therapeutic drugs, and drug-enzyme investigation.